Family game night is huge in my house. My daughter is still in the process of learning, but we are a bit lenient with her when she just plays by her own rules. My son gets so excited about game night that he talks about it all day long. Before we even had kids, my husband and I actually used to play games (although we tended to play domino's and gin rather than games with colorful pieces and instructions that say "youngest goes first"). Our game shelf is filled, but we have been looking for another game that all four of us can enjoy, and we have found the perfect one! MEGA Brands, Inc has introduced the Mega Bloks Domino Build Game! We had so much fun, all of us! It took a bit to get the kids used to waiting to put their pieces together, and it took some restraint on the part of my husband from screaming DOMINO! when his competitive nature kicked into high gear, but we laughed and had a great time.
Even my youngest was able to understand the concept for the most part, and I loved seeing her match the animals without help from the rest of us. We let her build and take apart her blocks, but my son understood all the rules, and he cheered for my husband and I as we built up our blocks. This is definitely going to be on my "must recommend list" for my friends with younger kiddo's.
Domino Build Game Details:
- Children ages 3-6 years will have fun learning all about colors, numbers, matching and motor skills with the Mega Bloks Domino Build Game
- Game offers a variety of solid colors and basic shapes that will teach your child how to recognize them.
- Develops fine-motor skills (patience, practice, and determination) muscle movement and hand-to-eye coordination
- Great fun fun both boys and girls
- Retails for $10.99 and is available at Amazon.com, Fred Myers, Toys R Us Canada, and Wal-Mart Canada.
MEGA Bloks Family Club members receive:
- A printable coupon for $5 off and $30 or more Mega Bloks purchase
- Other exclusive offers, contests, sweepstakes and promotions on Mega Bloks toys
- Information on new Mega Bloks toys for kids ages 1 to 6
- An educational and informative blog by a leading panel of mom bloggers with articles on the benefits of construction toys, product review, pictures and more
- A free email newsletter with great new building ideas, toys for kids and other helpful information.
- MEGA Brands is looking for five MEGA Bloks Mom personalities to contribute to the MEGA Bloks Family Club
- If selected, each MEGA Bloks Mom blogger will receive compensation, along with a free MEGA Brands product
- For more information and to apply visit http://familyclub.megabloks.com
I wrote this post for a blog tour with Team Mom and received a MEGA Bloks Domino Build game to help facilitate my review. All thoughts and opinions are 100% mine.