I have little builders. They literally crack me up. They will build with anything, blocks books, dvd's, anything they can figure out how to stack or create a tower or anything else with they will do it! I knew that my daughter would FLIP over the new Dora's Bath Time buildable playset.
First of all, I love that there are more and more "girly" type things coming from Mega Bloks. I know that Mega Bloks in general is a gender-neutral type toy, but this really was a a fun mommy and me activity for my daughter. We made about fifty different bathroom sets. As soon as we got it together, she would decide that the bathtub belonged somewhere else. She loves to make Dora "pretty" and I get warm fuzzies watching her make Dora do the same things we do together to get ready in the morning. And she loves the cute little duckie. I swear she took that thing with her everywhere for a day. And this is her first toy that she can change outfits on and she thinks that is just the cutest thing in the world! Now, my daughter is only 2, and this is geared towards ages three an up, but I think the only thing you would need to watch out for with the littler kids is that there are kind of small pieces. This is a good thing, though, as well. Her little hands were working up a storm with fine-motor skills.
Dora's Bath Time is the perfect gift, retailing at only $14.99, and can be found at Kmart, Toys "R" Us, Walmart, select Target locations and Amazon.com. Plus, the set can be expanded with other Mega Bloks Dora the Explorer buildable playsets.
If you haven't become a member of Mega Bloks Family Club yet, now would be the time to do so!
- A Printable coupon for $5 off any $30 or more Mega Bloks purchase
- Other exclusive offers, contests, sweepstakes and promotions on Mega Bloks toys
- Information on new Mega Bloks toys for kids ages 1-6
- An educational and informative blog by a leading panel of mom bloggers with articles on the benefits of construction toys, product reviews, pictures and more.
- Free email newsletter with great new building ideas, toys for kids ages 1 and up and other helpful information!
Disclosure: I was provided a Dora's Bath Time Mega Blok building set to facilitate the review. The opinions are completely mine (and my daughter's!), and were not influenced in any way.